Friday, September 7, 2012

A Giggle. Or, Why a Boy Needs a Puppy.

Forewarning: this event actually happened a couple of weeks ago, however, I forget that I have this blogging project and am now catching up on the happy little milestones.

Let me start by saying how great it is to have such a lovely group of wives/girlfriends that are connected to the boat to which my husband is currently assigned. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

So, one of those lovely wives invited the rest of us out to her house for dinner while the gents were out to sea a couple of weeks ago. I had forgotten that she has a youngish lab, but the puppy is actually very well behaved. When we first got there, she was a little (ok, immensely) excited, but when she calmed down, I let her sniff at the boy's toes. A little while later, after I had stuffed myself full of fajitas, I was cradling the boy and the back of his head just happened to be more past my arm than resting in my elbow. Before I could really even notice what was happening, sweet puppy Paisley sniffed at, and then proceeded to - ahem - puppy-dog lick the back of the boy's head. Immediately, the heavens parted, the angels sang, and my sweet boy let out peals of heart-melting laughter. 

He was 3 months and 1 week, and almost every one of his waking moments over the past 2 weeks has included me trying ever-so-hard to get him to giggle again. Right now, the only thing that is working is imitating this weird throaty hyperventilating thing. It's adorable when he does it, but I'm either going to have to learn a new trick to making him laugh or be lightheaded for the next several years.

Gratuitous adorable picture:



No comments:

Post a Comment